Where to stay and what to do in Algarve.
Algarve provides excellent quality of living, with many retirees and expats moving to this sun-lighted part of the world. The area is the best place in Portugal to buy property, with a flourishing real estate market.
The Algarve area is popular for those wishing to purchase luxury property either as an investment or primary residence.
You won’t get bored in the Algarve. From hiking and water-sports to theme parks and a huge range of clubs, bars and even horse-back riding, the region is jam-packed with activities, catering to a variety of tastes. There are also some famous golf holes in Algarve, for example, the 16th hole at the Royal Golf course at Vale do Lobo. At this 190 yard par-3, you hit your tee shot over a ravine, whilst standing on top of a cliff looking over the coastline. Some would say this iconic hole at one of the best golf courses in Algarve is a must-play when in Portugal. Check out our best properties at luxury resort of Vale do Lobo.
Places to visit:
- Faro is Algarve’s capital. It also happens to be the largest city in Algarve. While Faro is a beautiful spot for tourists, it is also very much a place where people live and work. This can be a great starting point for a holiday due to the fact that travelers can arrive via Faro Airport. In addition, bus service makes it easy to get to Albufeira, Quarteira and Vilamoura. You can also take advantage of train service to visit Tavira and Olhão. While spending time in Faro you should definitely visit Old Town, Faro Cathedral and the Arco da Vila gate. An excursion to Ria Formosa Natural Park, believe, will be unforgettable!
- Quarteira is one of the most popular spots among Portuguese tourists. It is a place where you can walk along the coast with a huge variety of shops, restaurants and bars. It is a social town full of events and festivals.
- Vilamoura is the best place to stay in Algarve if you’re looking for a glittery beach holiday that puts the focus on golf courses, luxury resorts and walks along the marina. Vilamoura is the crown of Algarve’s Golden Triangle due to its collection of luxury accommodations. Vilamoura is famous for its marina - the largest marina in all of Portugal, surrounded by luxury hotels, restaurants, exclusive nightclubs, a sports club, tennis center, riding school, international casino and bowling club.
- Albufeira is the spot to focus on if you’d like to do some dolphin watching during your holiday in Portugal. You will also find plenty of guided diving excursions or floating cave tours offered by local agencies. There is a beautiful beach that is suitable for swimmers of all ages. Those looking to splash at an amusement park will appreciate Zoomarine Algarve. Check this beautiful villa straight on the Oura beach- ideal for living in Portugal or making profitable through seasonal or annual rentals.
Algarve is great family destination but you might wonder what are the things to do with the kids:
- Castelo de Silves & Archeology Museum. Visitors can walk along the walls of this ancient fortress , admiring incredible views, and see remains from the Arab citadel inside.
- Hot Shot Bowling & Leisure Centre, Albufeira. As well as the seven lanes of bowling there are arcade games, a pool table, table football, electronic darts and more. With plenty of refreshments on offer too, this place is sure to keep all ages occupied for an afternoon or evenin
- Beach Hut Watersports Centre (Luz). This watersport centre on Praia de Luz beach, offers a great range of activities in this area. Including dolphin watching, boat trips to the stunning Benagil caves, renting jet skis and also kayaks.
- Parque Aventura. (Albufeira and Lagos). This is one of the best things to do in Algarve during your family holidays. With four locations including Albufeira and Lagos. Choose from three different levels depending on your age. On this occasion, you will tackle challenges such as bridges, rope nets and also giant zip lines. Above all, surrounded by the beautiful forest.
- Algarve Aqua Show Park (Quarteira). Slide & Splash Waterpark ( Estombar), Aqualand Algarve( Alcantarilha). Water Parks in Algarve are indeed one of the most popular things to do with kids.
- Crazy World Zoo. If your little ones are keen to learn more about different animals of the world and even get up close and personal, The Krazy World Zoo in Lagoa is not to be missed when visiting the Algarve.